Install fails during installation of rpmdb-redhat-4-0.20060803

Dan Hunter dmhunter at charter.net
Tue Oct 3 14:01:43 UTC 2006

I have had similar error messages on Fedora installations.
Sometimes is was a great big slimy thumb print on the CD.
I hate when that happens!
Sometimes it was the CD reader telling me that it was about to fail.
I hate when that happens too!

Normally I would say try a replacement media and/or CD reader.
But if this is a new system and new media from Redhat.....

My only suggestion is stuff a CD lens cleaner in the CD drive,
stuff the CD's into a CD cleaner, and then try it again.