Install fails during installation of rpmdb-redhat-4-0.20060803

John Powell powellj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 22:51:28 UTC 2006

Ok..

So I have given up on the cd install method. It just aint workin for me.
I have setup a ftp server and have attempted to install several times
and so far no luck.. I do get past the rpmdb package but now I get the
same error while installing the python package. I have since downloaded
and replaced the python rpm on the ftp server and tried again... still
the same error. I don't understand what is going on! The python rpm was
downloaded from rhn and the md5 sum is correct. In addition the binary
compare of the original (from the ISO) and the downloaded package from
RHN are identical!

ARGH!!!!! So frustrating! Please someone help!