playing video from abc.com?

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Sat Oct 7 03:46:46 UTC 2006

> On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 10:39, Harold Hallikainen wrote:
>> I'm running FC5 and have the flash player working. When I try to play
>> video from abc.com (such as program episodes), it seems to just sit
>> there
>> downloading from Adobe forever. Has anyone had any luck playing video
>> from
>> abc.com?
>>
>> THANKS!
>>
>> Harold
>
> The question I have  is why is it downloading from Adobe ? Shouldn't it
> be downloading/playing from abc.com ??
>
> Could it be a possible version incompatibility ? What browser are you
> playing it on ? Could it be looking for a flash player update at Adobe
> and never finding it ?
>
> Reason I mention this is because a lot of websites have switched to
> using Flash 8. Unfortunately there is no Flash 8 for Linux nor is there
> going to be. The most recent Flash version for Linux is Flash 7.
>
> Adobe claims they are going to be releasing a Flash 9 for Linux sometime
> in 2007. Still quite a long ways away.

Well, I got it to work! This is the first time I've tried WINE, but I'm
impressed. I downloaded the Windows version of Firefox, clicked on the
installer in the wine file finder. It installed and ran great! Then, went
to Adobe and installed (from within the Windows Firefox) the latest Flash
player. We can now see the video on abc.com .

Thanks for the ideas!

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising