FC6 freezing

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Thu Apr 12 15:18:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 09:48:53AM -0500, Fred Grant wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 15:48 -0400, jim ruxton wrote:
> > Just wondering if anyone has any pointers for me. I was having trouble
> > in FC5 with my system freezing so I decided to upgrade to FC6. For a few
> > days everything seemed rock solid but now my system seems to freeze
> > again approx. once a day. I haven't been able to gather anything useful
> > from logs. Maybe the initial FC6 was ok but doing system upgrades has
> > something unstable into the system again? I did a memory test and my RAM
> > seems ok. Any thoughts as to how I can get to a solution of this.
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
> >
> I don't have a solution but have experienced the same thing since
> upgrading to FC5.  In my case I have mouse movement but everything else
> is frozen.  It hasn't happened for quite a while now but always seemed
> to occur at the most inopportune times.
> >
> --
> Fred

The only problem I had with FC5 freezing was with xscreensaver, and I
could still SSH in from another machine and give it a proper reboot
without having to hit the reset button.  After a few yum updates, it
quit giving me problems.

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have
produced this wealth for me." But remember the LORD your God, for it
is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth.
Deuteronomy 8:17-18a (NIV)