Scrolling Speed Bad

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Tue Aug 21 04:36:20 UTC 2007

Is there something I can do to speed up the scrolling of windows.
Specifically, when I'm running a script in xterm, the scrolling is very slow.
It's even slower in Firefox. If I use the mouse wheel to scroll, it's very
annoying to the point that the mouse pointer is lost and I have no control
until the scrolling stops. In xterm, it's just as bad, but I've not tested the
mouse wheel scrolling. If I click on the border thing (hey, I've lost my mind
and can't remember what it's called) it scrolls fast as a jump.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Karl L. Pearson
karlp at ourldsfamily.com
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
 the people who are evil, but because of the people who
 don't do anything about it.
 - Albert Einstein
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---