The plus symbol in fdisk -l

gerrynix gerrynix at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 21:58:05 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 06:20 -0800, gerrynix wrote:
> What does the + symbol, at the end of the "Blocks" count, signify in
> the output of fdisk -l ?

It means that the partition does not end on a cylinder boundary. By
that, I mean that, after conversion to a CHS layout (cylinder, head,
sector), the partition doesn't end on head 254, sector 63 and a cylinder
boundary.

  Thanks Rick,
  I Googled and "manned" and couldn't find anything on this. I didn't look at the source but then again.... I am not a "source guy".  So this situation is not a negative thing... Just a notice?