Kernel remove via yum

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Wed Dec 12 23:40:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 06:08:51PM -0500, mylar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Now that I have successfully upgraded my kernel via yum can I remove the
> old kernel via yum ? In other words can I simply do a
>
> "# yum remove "kernel-2.6-18"

Yeah, I guess that will work.  I just use rpm:

  rpm -e kernel-2.6-18

That said, I always keep the previous kernel around in case some
disaster strikes the new kernel, which, of course, hasn't happened,
... yet.

> or are there any additional steps I need to take care to do ?
>
> mylar
>

> --
> email->  micros50 at verizon.net
>
> "I Speak Mathematics"

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the
LORD is to be praised.  Proverbs 31:30 (NIV)