upload speeds - ftp

Ted Potter tpotter at techmarin.com
Mon Dec 17 19:05:02 UTC 2007

best speed I have ever seen from comcast is 15mg download and 1.5mg upload.
Now that might
work. Might ask if they offer a business class service, comcast does here.

I would store large files on my ISP server and let others download from
there. Not a real fix since you
still are throttled getting the file up, but once there it works.

Broadband in the US ? not unless you pay for it.

On 12/17/07, Bret Stern <bret_stern at machinemanagement.com> wrote:

> Does anybody have any tips for increasing upload
> speeds?
>
> Perhaps sending the file a different way.
>
> I periodically send a zipped 500mb file to my ftp host.
> (data sent to my server from a dsl client/customer)
>
> I have Comcast cable, and host an ftp server on my
> network. The host is behind an inexpensive router,
> which is port forwarded to my ftp host.
>
> The ftp host is a Dell 2450 with dual 1.2 processors,
> 2-gb ram routed through a Cisco 2900XL 10/100 switch.
>
> I'm getting about 38 - 40 kb upload speed to my
> host.
>
> B Stern

Ted Potter
tpotter at techmarin.com