How to create packages another plataforms

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Feb 6 17:54:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 10:52 -0200, rodrigofariatavares wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I read http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/ch-rpm-multi.html
> I'm a litte confused.
>
> I saw, that :
>
> arc_canon : define architecture name
> os_canon  : define operation system name
> buildarchtranslate : build platform information
> buildostranslate : define the build operating system for systems running the Linux operating system
>

> Do I have create a rpmrc in source directory ?

No, you can specify where the rpmrc file is located.

> How I can to compile this package, from another plataform ?

You need the source code RPM.  If all you have is a binary RPM, then you
have no source to rebuild the code.

-  You know you've landed gear-up when it takes full power to taxi.  -
-                                                -- Chuck Yeager     -