Yum dependency Problem after Upgrade ?

mylar micros50 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 8 04:32:45 UTC 2007

Howdy,

Just the other day I updated a FC3 box to FC5 via CD's. For the very
first time I opted to do an upgrade instead of a fresh install. The
upgrade went fine, or so I thought. Then some problems crept in...

I noticed some apps (i.e.) emacs seem to be missing necessary fonts.

But most important, I can't do any updates with yum. If I try to update
a (say kde) I get the following dependency eerrors

XFree86-devel needed...
xorg-x11-devel needed...

If I try and install these via yum it doesn't work...

Any ideas ? Could it have something to do with depreciation of certain
packages between versions ?? I tried googling around but found nothing
helpful.  Or should I just go back and do a fresh install of FC5 ??

Help ???

mylar