Missing Desktop Options after upgrade

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Fri Feb 16 06:54:31 UTC 2007

After doing an upgrade from FC5 to FC6 on my laptop using the regular DVD iso
and having to go through the kernel bug, I downloaded the respin from
FedoraUnity.org. It went very nicely, even though it removed all kernel
things, which I didn't mind. I promptly did a yum update and 333 packages came
flying down the pipe.

However, if I use Gnome and click on System, Preferences there's only the
Desktop Background option, not the option to turn on cubed workspaces, etc.
How can I get it? Is there a menu regeneration option I've not found in gnome?

I've been using primarilly KDE or XFCE4 for the past year or so, and
WindowMaker before that, but Gnome has some nice stuff I want to give a try
to...

TIA,

Karl