How to host a forum on Fedora

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Feb 23 00:07:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 13:45 -0800, Bret Stern wrote:
> I would like to use one of my servers to host
> a forum on machinery.
>
> Is there a package with Fedora which allows this?

Depends on which type of forum you want:

Bulletin boards: phpbb is one of the best (requires Apache and PHP)

Mailing list: majordomo (old school) and listman, of course (that which
runs THIS list).

Wikis: Probably "wikiserver" is the one to use.  It's stand alone
(includes its own web server built-in).  Here's a link:

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/wikiserver/

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer          rstevens at vitalstream.com -
-                    Do you know where _your_ towel is?              -