Dell 2550 perc 3di Fedora no drives found

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jan 3 18:40:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 20:28 -0800, Bret Stern wrote:

> [...]

Sorry, didn't see your message until this morning.

> I started snooping around the perc setup and decided to try
> creating a container. I used all the drives and created
> a raid 5 array.
>
> Now both Windows and Fedora see the drives.

Ah!  We use veritable sh*tpots of 1850, 1950, 2850 and 2950 machines
around here and have to set up something of that nature on the 2850 and
2950, although we usually do a RAID1 on 2 drives and set up a single
drive RAID0 (I think) for crashdump reasons.

The 1850 and 1950 use a different RAID controller (LSI Logic).

> Happy New Year!

Back at you!

-           Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.            -