Issue with pump, DHCP and KickStart

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Thu Jan 4 01:05:52 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 11:01:09AM -0800, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> Hey all, I am trying to do a network KickStart install with IP assignment via
> DHCP.  This has worked fine for me in the past in other environments.

Well, this issue is almost certainly caused by STP.  If I attach the server to
an intermediary hub/dumb switch, things work fine.

I tried booting with the nicdelay= and linksleep= options set fairly high, but
no go.

I guess STP should be off anyways.  Weird that ISC handles this with no issues
however.