installation issues

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jan 9 17:47:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 09:48 +0530, Darshak wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 18:13 +0530, Darshak wrote:
> >
> I want to use different ISO then red-hat :) will it be possible ?

No.  Anaconda (the Red Hat installer) expects Red Hat CDs or ISO images.
Trying to install, say, Debian via the Red Hat installer absolutely will
NOT work.  If you want to install a different distribution, then use
their installer and direct any problems to their mailing list.  This
list is really only for Red Hat and Fedora Core installation issues.

> >> Hi, All
> >> I am newbie to linux. I have red-hat installation CDs.
> >> I am trying to install by askmethod. But when I give ISO file path,it
> >> says not proper ISO [ which is true ?]
> >> I want to know How installation programme comes to know that its not
> >> proper CD ?
> >>

> > You need to provide the path to where the ISO files are kept and the ISO
> > files must be named EXACTLY as they are on the website.

-          Programmers often confuse Halloween and Christmas.        -
-              After all, 31 Oct is the same as 25 Dec!              -