firewall settings

chuck lawrence celawrence at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 24 20:22:08 UTC 2007

this is my first serious attempt to config a firewall...

at installation, I asked for the firewall setting of ssh-only, or so I
believe.  I was surprised, then, to find nfs working (I have a potential
nfs client behind a firewall, and I'm trying to create a test box to
troubleshoot before asking for holes in *that* firewall).

is that to be expected?  am I missing something?

also, with my local firewall running(?), web access works, but is
excruciatingly slow - like 45 seconds to open a page.

running centos 4, btw.

--

  | charles e. lawrence | lawrence berkeley nat'l lab |

              www-eng.lbl.gov/~celawrence