reusing disk

Bob McClure Jr bob at bobcatos.com
Thu Jan 25 19:49:34 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 11:40:21AM -0800, chuck lawrence wrote:
> Bob McClure Jr <bob at bobcatos.com> wrote:
>
> >If you
> >
> >  fdisk /dev/sdb3
> >
> >it will misbehave as you describe.  If you
> >
> >  fdisk /dev/sdb
> >
> >you should be able to delete all partitions and then create one
> >partition the size of the disk.  It will be called /dev/sdb1.
>
> uhh, right.  I knew that.  I was just, uhh, testing you.  yeah, that's
> what it was.  I was testing you.  you pass.  I knew you would.
>
> (psst.  I got $20 for you if you don't tell anybody else about this.)

My lips are sealed.

> --
>
>  * ------------------- * ----------------------------*
>  | charles e. lawrence | lawrence berkeley nat'l lab |
>  | celawrence at lbl.gov  | #1 cyclotron rd  ms 50a6134 |
>  | (510) 486-4682      | berkeley  ca  94720         |
>
>              www-eng.lbl.gov/~celawrence

Cheers,
bob at bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the
Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance
from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Colossians 3:23-24 (NIV)