file.iso

Dominick Petracca dpetracca at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 22:41:14 UTC 2007

Hi, I'm just trying to practice with various redhat installs.

I have the RHEL 4 CD's.

I copied the CD images to my harddrive and wanted to try a hard drive
install instead of using the CDs.

To do this, I think I need a boot cd or boot floppy correct?

Problem is my floppy doesn't work and my cdrom  is not a burner.

Is there anyway I can download the file .iso so I can burn it on my PC and
then use that to boot the redhat installer, which then I'm assuming will let
me select install from harddrive?

I tried booting to the install CD #1 but that goes right into installing
from the CDs and doesn't allow me to choose install from harddrive as I saw
in documentation

Am I misunderstanding something?  Let me know if I have this right:

to install from a harddrive, I have to have the CD images copied to my hard
drive which I have.
Then I need a boot cdrom or floppy and I can't use the actual install CD #1
instead.