file.iso

Dominick Petracca dpetracca at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 19:33:34 UTC 2007

thanks Rick.  I see how to select hard drive installation but I'm still
running into problems.

Here is what I'm trying to do.

I have 1 drive on my system.  I installed RH and left a hda3 partition free
to put the CD images on.

Is this possible?  What do I need to do to hda3 in order to get my iso files
on it and then be able to install from it.

Right now I'm doing 'dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/tmp/install/disk1.iso' for each
disk.  (does it matter what I call the ISO files?)

But that puts the iso files on my current drive which I'm going to install
RH to so I need to get them onto my hda3 partition.

I realize what I'm doing is kinda crazy but it forces me to get my hands
dirty.....