Megaraid, Power Edge 2650 and kernel 2.6

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jan 31 17:44:28 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 12:02 +0100, gerard labadie wrote:
> Thanks a lot
>
> One more question.
>
> It seems that I need a rpm from Dell to install afacli.

Uh, that's the Adaptec command line tool set, isn't it?

> I find on
> http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/en/document?docid=D2CA20813E5ABCCDE030A68F732857C8&c=us&l=en&s=gen
>
> this tool for RH 7.1, 7.3 and 8.0, but not for RHEL 4 ?

The standard Linux command set now has lots of tools that provide
similar functionality.  However, you might want to take a look at
Adaptec's website and see if there's anything there you want.

> Any idea where I coudl download it ?

I don't think you need it anymore.

> 2007/1/30, Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com>:
>         On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 16:45 +0100, gerard labadie wrote:
>         > Hello
>         >
>         > I have a Dell Power Edge 2650 with RHEL 4 Update 4
>         installed.
>         >
>         > I would like to use Megaraid on it.
>
>         IIRC, the 2650 uses the aacraid controller.  You don't get to
>         the
>         Megaraids until you hit the 2850/2950 series.  We use 1850s,
>         1950s,
>         2850s and 2950s a lot--I'm not sure about the 2650.  The fact
>         that the
>         aacraid driver was loaded indicates to me that THAT's the
>         controller
>         you have.

-           Blech!  ACKth!  Ooop!  -- Bill the Cat (Outland)         -