Idle session gets disconnected after 1 hour

parveen kumar khera pkhera_2001 at rediffmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:30:03 UTC 2007

Hi All!

I have configured a RHEL ES 4.0, the issue we are facing is that all idle telnet sessions gets connected after one hour.

I have checked the TMOUT variouble and that's not configured in the currnet environment.

We have access to machine through a firewall and we have checked the settings on firewall as well.

Please show me some light to resolve this issue, as we need to re-initialize a lots of variables each time the telnet seesion disconnects.

I haven't checked for the ssh session will be checking for the same and will update on this list.

Thanks & Regards,
Parveen Khera
pkhera_2001 at rediffmail.com