pc comm station speaker phone

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Wed Jun 6 08:18:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 19:57 -0400, tyche at ica.net wrote:
> i recently acquired a compaq pc speaker phone. this thing was made in 2000
> according to the booklet with it. i didnt get the drivers. any one know if
> this is usable with fc?

I've never even heard of such a beast!  Is it a combo modem/phone?  PCI,
USB or serial port?

If it's PCI, try doing an "lspci" on it and post what it says.  If it's
USB, try "lsusb".  If it's serial, I have no idea if it's usable or
not.  For that matter, I don't know if it's usable on PCI or USB
either.  Like I said, I've never heard of it before.  Might be fun to
try to sort out.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-   UNIX is actually quite user friendly.  The problem is that it's  -
-              just very picky of who its friends are!               -