Problem in rhel3 installtion

mohammed saif mhm.saif at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:56:08 UTC 2007

Hi list,
Am new here in the list and I hope to be as corporative as you wish,

Am trying to install RHEL 3 on HP ML 350 , P3 and 512 ram. Every time I
reboot the system and boot from the installation cd, I hit the enter to
start then skip the media check , after that  about a half  of the screen
turned into blue  and "error 2 reading header: cpio: bad magic" comes up.
I tried to:
- changing the media and checking the checksum,
- kernel parameters: linux hdc=nodma
                              linux apci=off nolapic
                              linux noapic nolapic
and nothing worked.

Is it a H/W problem like RAM or some H/W combination problem thats make this
error??

Regards
Mohammad