Yum and Dependencies

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Wed Jun 27 05:24:09 UTC 2007

On Sat, June 23, 2007 10:05 am, Harold Hallikainen wrote:
> I'm running FC6_64. I kind of thought yum was supposed to deal with
> dependency issues, but now whenever I try to update or install anything, I
> get a list of unresolved dependencies. For example, an attempt to install
> xine results in:
>
> 09:01:54 : Error in Dependency Resolution
> 09:01:54 : Missing Dependency: libiso9660.so.4(ISO9660_4)(64bit) is needed
> by package vcdimager
> Missing Dependency: libiso9660.so.4()(64bit) is needed by package vcdimager
> Missing Dependency: libcdio.so.6(CDIO_6)(64bit) is needed by package
> vcdimager
> Missing Dependency: libcdio.so.6()(64bit) is needed by package vcdimager
>
> when running from yum extender. So, do I need to add more repositories, or
> how do I resolve these issues?

I had this problem on FC6 a while back (week or 2) and found that I had to
uninstall the affected packages, and during the install, saw that some of the
NONFREE stuff was uninstalled with it. I reinstalled without the non-free
stuff and things worked fine.

Check that path. Maybe you'll get some joy.

> THANKS!
>
> Harold
>
> --
> FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising
> opportunities available!

Karl L. Pearson
karlp at ourldsfamily.com
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
 the people who are evil, but because of the people who
 don't do anything about it.
 - Albert Einstein
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---