Animated Cursor

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Mar 6 23:36:13 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 15:29 -0700, karlp at ourldsfamily.com wrote:
> On Mon, March 5, 2007 11:02 am, Rick Stevens wrote:
> > On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 22:58 -0700, karlp at ourldsfamily.com wrote:
> >> My baby girl is a junior in college and has been living at home until
> >> recently. Since she moved out, she's asked me to fix her PC now and then.
> >> One
> >> problem that is now annoying to me is that the animated cursor isn't...
> >> She's
> >> got an nvidia NV28 GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE graphics card and that's what I'm
> >> suspecting is causing this.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts?
> >
> > Version of OS?  Which driver?  Are you running GLX?
>
> questions questions... FC6, updated from FC5 using the respin from
> FedoraUnity.org. No driver other than whatever defaulted on install
> originally. As I think, I can't remember if the animation ever worked. Just
> called: she says 'no'... Bother.

Hmmm.  The default FC6 pointer is animated (a rotating halo when you
click on things).  Are you using the Gnome and the BlueCurve theme?
(yeah, more questions).  BTW, you can find out about GLX by using
"glxinfo".
- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer          rstevens at vitalstream.com -
-        Polygon: A dead parrot (With apologies to John Cleese)      -