CRON issue

Tech Guy tek_guy at rediffmail.com
Wed Mar 14 16:41:01 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am trying to troubleshoot a CRON issue : CRON doesn't run my scripts but when run outside the CRON, the script runs perfect.(The same script was running since a year and suddenly it stopped since a month. Nothing got changed in the script or the env). The OS is RHAS 3.0, update 8.

To troubleshoot further, I wrote a small script to output the date command which is as below

vi test.sh
-----------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
/bin/date > /home/test/test.out
then I added entries in the CRON:

15 10 * * * /home/test/test.sh > /home/test/testcron.out 2>&1

The CRON again doesn't seem to be running the script. The script worked fine when I execute it from the command propmt $ ./test.sh

Has anyone experienced this kind of issues before. I verified the environment too but still cannot figure out the cause.

I appreciate your response.

Thanks
TG