diskless install

This is Madhu kmadhu_24 at rediffmail.com
Wed Mar 21 00:23:45 UTC 2007

Hi all,
iam doing a pxe diskless install for my redhat 3ws clients. i used redhat-config-netboot gui tool that comes with RedHat and it pulls the image and kernel. when i PXE boot my client iam getting the following error.

Running /disklessrc

Mounting /
Running dhclinet
tg3: eth0: Link is up at 100 Mbps, Full duplex

Mounting root filesystem: /opt/diskless/root from: 192.168.26.200
Doing the pivot_root
pivot_root No such file or directory
Mounting Snapshot directories
mount: mout point /.snapshot does not exist
cat: /.oldroot/tmp/dhclient.pid: No such file or directory
Running /sbin/init
umount: /.oldroot: No such file or directory
disklessrc: line 414: /sbin/init: No such file or directory
disklessrc: line 414: exec: /sbin/init: Cannot execute: No such file
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

According to the config on the server, the following command line is
being given to the kernel:

initrd=diskless/initrd.img root=/dev/ram0 init=disklessrc
NFSROOT=192.168.26.200:/opt/diskless/
ramdisk_size=10000 ETHERNET=eth0

Anyone solved this problem before?

Thanks in advance.