UPS comments

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Wed Mar 28 00:56:31 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 17:02 -0700, Bret Stern wrote:
> I am thinking of adding a UPS (APC Back-UPS Pro 650) to one
> of my servers because i'm bored.
>
> Is the apcupsd daemon the common solution for monitoring the UPS,
> or is there a canned rpm with Fedora 6 which will handle a simple
> controlled shutdown?

"nut" (network UPS tools) has a bunch of stuff.  Have a looksee at the
NUT home page:

	http://www.networkupstools.org/

And you can install the RPMs via:

	yum install nut
	yum install nut-client

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
-      "Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi.       -
-  Unfortunately they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to  -
-               do their programming."  -- Simon Slavin              -