Please help with the IPv6 installation support

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Wed Nov 28 19:32:06 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 13:51 +0800, Jing CDL Sun wrote:
> Rick,
>
> Thank you for the confirm.
>
> We will use RHEL5 or RHEL5.1 to do this probing work, just as you
> said, once we can actually get to the NFS server using IPv6, the
> installation should proceed normally. I have searched by google for
> this NFS IPv6 support, it seems NFSv4 can support IPv6, but I only
> find the step by step guide for IPv4 configuration of NFS version4,
> and can not find how to configure IPv6 NFS server and client, do you
> know that? Thank you.

It would be very similar.  The trick for the server is to make sure
the /etc/exports file contains IPv6 addresses as opposed to IPv4
addresses.  The same is true of the clients...make sure the /etc/fstab
file contains IPv6 addresses instead of IPv4.

Of course, if you're using DNS with IPv6, then the hostnames should be
adequate.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-        "More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"         -