Unable to find host + real vnc problem

Biswajit Nayak bwnayak at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 15:54:13 UTC 2007

Hi All,
   I am getting following error while connecting to my
linux box (RHEL 4) from windows XP( Real VNC client).
I am also seeing "error opening security policy file"
while starting vnc server. I checked on server side
that VNCServer is running. I can ping to the host.
However Real VNC viewer does not work. Any clue ?

Error Text
**********
unable to connect to host: A socket operation was
attempted to an unreachable host (10065) + vnc

Vnc Server side log
*******************
Thu Oct 25 08:26:18 2007
 vncext:      VNC extension running!
 vncext:      Listening for VNC connections on port
5902
 vncext:      Listening for HTTP connections on port
5802
 vncext:      created VNC server for screen 0
error opening security policy file
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
Could not init font path element
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/, removing from list!
Could not init font path element
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID/, removing from list!

Thanks