can't iconify windows?

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Wed Sep 5 23:23:03 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 15:17 -0700, chuck lawrence wrote:
> hi,
>
> I recently built a centos 4 system (since upgraded to centos 5) on an
> old ibm 1.6ghz p4.
>
> most everything went well, but I am unable to see any icons once I've
> iconified any windows, browser, terminal, game, openoffice, etc.  I
> haven't checked carefully, but I think whatever is in the window dies
> when I click minimize.  in any event, I click minimize and the window
> disappears from view.
>
> I hoped my 4.0 -> 5.0 upgrade (cited above) would fix it, but no.
>
> grateful for any insight....

Make sure you have the window list applet running.  Just right click
on the bottom panel, click on "Add to Panel", scroll down to "Window
List", click on it and click "Add".

Don't forget to save your session so it starts up next time.  Make sure
you have "Automatically save changes to session" selected in the

    System->Preferences->More Preferences->Sessions->Session Options

tab

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-               500: Internal Fortune Cookie Error                   -