ubs mem stick install

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Fri Sep 7 00:55:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 15:35 -0500, Fred Grant wrote:
> First, I noticed Rick has a new web address and I hope that is a good
> thing!

Our company (VitalStream) was acquired by Internap Systems in April.
I guess we're growing up!

> I keep reading about linux ubs systems.  Is it possible to install
> Fedora from one of these?  I don't have a dvd and am reluctant to buy
> one just to upgrade to FC-7.

It's just F7 ("Fedora 7").  They dropped the "Core" bit from the name.

Yes, you can install from a thumbdrive if you want.  Your BIOS must
support booting from USB disks, however, and not all do.

I have both an 8GB and a 16GB thumbdrive I've used and they work fine.
I also bought a USB-based DVD/RW drive for $40 that works a treat.  I
recommend you get one of those.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-    Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward getting   -
-    medicated for it.      -- Jim Evarts (http://www.TopFive.com)   -