USB stick not found on F7

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Wed Sep 19 23:59:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 23:38 -0500, Fred Grant wrote:
> I installed F7 today but can't get my USB stick to mount.  I suspect
> SELinux but would like to hear from one of you gurus regarding this.  It
> mounts fine on F5.

Uh, did you check the output of dmesg and /var/log/messages?

>   Also I now boot F5 on a floppy.  I'll mess with Grub
> later.
>
> Also, if I wanted to duplicate my Desktop from the F5 install, is there
> a file I could import?

The best bet is to copy all of your ~/.* files and directories to your
new home directory.  Make sure you don't copy the directories named

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-           What is a "free" gift?  Aren't all gifts free?           -