system stability issue

jim ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Thu Sep 20 18:26:05 UTC 2007

Hi I'm having serious stability problems with my system. It keeps
slowing down and locking up. The only thing I've found is this system
message when it happens:

Sep 20 13:38:52 localhost kernel: Clocksource tsc unstable (delta =
238984013319 ns)
Sep 20 13:38:52 localhost kernel: Time: acpi_pm clocksource has been
installed.

I don't know if this is the cause or the result of the instability. I
tried adding no tsc to the boot file:
title Fedora Core (2.6.22.5-49.fc6)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.22.5-49.fc6 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
rhgb quiet notsc

but the kernel still loads tsc. Any thoughts what is going on. As you
can see I'm using kernel 2.6.22 on fc6.
Thanks,
Jim