unstable system question

jim ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Thu Sep 20 17:19:17 UTC 2007

My system keeps slowing down and locking up. The only thing I've found
is that I get the following system message when this happens. I'm
assuming this is related but it may just be a coincidence or a result of
the lockup.

Sep 20 04:05:35 localhost kernel: Clocksource tsc unstable (delta =
84348170175 ns)
Sep 20 04:05:35 localhost kernel: Time: acpi_pm clocksource has been
installed.

I tried adding notsc to my boot file ie.

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.22.5-49.fc6 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb
quiet notsc

but tsc still is loaded at boot. Any one have any thoughts on this. As
you can see above I'm on FC6 with 2.6.22 Kernel.

Thanks,
Jim