Fedora 9 -aarrrgggghh

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Fri Aug 22 16:43:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Bret Stern wrote:

> After installing Fedora 9, I'm feeling like it's
> turning into the "Windows babysitting" model.
>
> I have been using Fedora 6 for really solid ftp and
> web services, and really don't like all the changes.
>
> Fedora 6 was so solid; it gets pretty boring just watching
> the servers run ..year..after..year...
>
> How 'bout a pep talk on Fedora 9....or I just
> downloaded FreeBSD, and feel this could be more
> comfortable for this old timer.

I install Fedora 8 because it feels comfortable like FC6 did.

That might be a solution you can live with.

Karl

> It's a good day.
>

> Bret Stern

Karl L. Pearson
karlp at ourldsfamily.com
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
  My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
  http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
  The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
  the people who are evil, but because of the people who
  don't do anything about it.
  - Albert Einstein
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
  to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---