Fedora 9 -aarrrgggghh

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Sat Aug 23 20:01:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008, Bret Stern wrote:

> [...]

Might I suggest taking a look at Linux Mint, which is a very solid
distribution, other than being based on the Debian tree, and even more
like Ubuntu. It uses the Ubuntu repositories, but doesn't maintain the
'only free; only open-source' policy of Ubuntu.

I also like very much PCLinuxOS, which is a redhat derivative, except
v2008 isn't out yet, so it's not as compatible with newer hardware as Mint
is. That will change once PCLOS2008 is released (no idea or news when).

Karl

>>> It's a good day.
>>>

>>> Bret Stern

>> --
>> Karl L. Pearson
>> karlp at ourldsfamily.com
>> http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
>> ---
>>   My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
>>   http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
>> ---
>>   The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
>>   the people who are evil, but because of the people who
>>   don't do anything about it.
>>   - Albert Einstein
>> ---
>> "To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
>>   to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
>> ---

Karl L. Pearson