Fedora 8 CDs

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Sat Dec 6 00:18:43 UTC 2008

redhat at buglecreek.com wrote:
> I need to find and download Fedora 8 in the cd version, not the dvd
> version.  Can anyone point me in a direction?  I seem to be only able
> to find the DVD on the Fedora site.

Whoo, boy.  Be aware that F8 will be EOL'd in January.  You should be
using F9 or F10.

F6 was the last Fedora available on CD.  F7, F8, F9 and F10 are only
available as DVD images or Live! images.

For CD-only users, download one of the Live! images.  They're CD-based
and give you enough stuff to get up and running.  From there, you can
either install from a DVD ISO image on your hard drive or over the
network from an FTP/HTTP server or Fedora repos.

Again, F8 is soon to be history.  The latest is F10.
-  Memory is the second thing to go, but I can't remember the first! -