php install with soap enabled for apache

Mark Corsi mcorsi at spearreport.com
Mon Feb 4 15:17:27 UTC 2008

Hey Guys -

I am trying to get soap enabled for php running through apache on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5

Apache is 2.2.3

I installed php 2.2.5 from source code (my subscription to RHEL has lapsed
so I cannot use yum) and was able to get everything running from the command
line just fine. However, apache is still running the old php version 2.1.6
(without soap). I think the problem occurred because I was unable to use the
flag "--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs" with the php install since
that file does not exist in the RHEL version of apache.

Any idea how I can get apache to recognize and use the new install of php
with soap enabled. Please remember, this is a dev box so we have let the
subscription expire, consequently I cannot use 'yum'

Thanks -

Mark