Sendmail?

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Mon Oct 13 17:54:55 UTC 2008

Karl Pearson wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> Karl Pearson wrote:
>>> What can I do so email from my server that fails doesn't have
>>> MAILER_DAEMON at NODOMAIN as the return address.
>>>
>>> The problem is these emails get hammered by Spamassassin... I
>>> probably missed
>>> something in setting up this new server because this wasn't an issue
>>> on the
>>> old one. I thought it was something in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc but
>>> can't see
>>> it...
>>>
>>> Fedora Core 4 vs Fedora 8
>>> Sendmail
>>> Majordomo
>>
>> The "MAILER-DAEMON" stuff in error messages comes from the "Dn" option
>> in sendmail.cf.  I can't recall what the .mc thing is called and I don't
>> have my bat book handy.
>
> And I can't find mine... I guess that's about the same thing as not
> having it 'handy' for me.

I put mine in a box in the garage when I changed jobs and haven't had a
need for it here.  Guess it's time to plow through that stuff again.

The "Dn" option is the user name for error reporting.

>> The "NODOMAIN" stuff sounds like the domain isn't set for the mailer.
>
> All other emails generated at the OS level have the correct domain. I'll
> go check and if I have to, I'll just modify sendmail.cf...

I'll find ye ol' bat book and report back tomorrow.
-              "Swap memory error: You lose your mind"               -