TCP?

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Thu Oct 16 17:31:36 UTC 2008

I should have mentioned that you'll need to "service sshd restart" after
making the change to sshd_config.  You'll need to restart sendmail as
well if you change its config.

And if you're asking "why doesn't it fail when I specify 'localhost'?"
remember that localhost is in your /etc/hosts file.  When you "ssh
localhost" or "telnet localhost 25", the host AND CLIENT IPs are
127.0.0.1 which corresponds to "localhost" in /etc/hosts.

I try to give full explanations when I post and I missed it that time.
Sorry!
-    When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.     -