IPTables limits?

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Tue Oct 21 00:54:23 UTC 2008

I'm curious if there's a limit on how many iptables entries it takes to
hammer a system. Okay, a better question: When am I running the risk of
messing up my IP traffic if I add DROP entries in the INPUT rule of
iptables?

The machine in question acts as a small gateway for one subnet behind a
Smoothwall 3.0 gateway that is the gateway for it and the rest of the
network.

The machine is a single core AMD 64 3200+ with 2GB of ram running 32-bit
Fedora 8.

---
  _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---