dovecot Outlook failure

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Thu Oct 23 23:01:33 UTC 2008

I'm in a client office, and they use Outlook. I installed a new server
after theirs was hacked into from China (story for another time). I've
installed Fedora 8 and everything is working, except dovecot from inside
the network (it's not going to work from outside anymore :) ).

If I sit at an XP PC and telnet 10.0.0.240 110 it just hangs for awhile,
then times out and ends up back at a DOS prompt. Same for 143 (IMAP).

I can telnet 10.0.0.240 25 and send email all day long.

I setup an Evolution account for both POP3 and IMAP on the server and it
works fine.

I have configured 2 other PCs with Fedora 8 in the last 2 months and
they both work fine. What am I missing here?

---
      _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
  _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
 to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---