Fail2Ban?

Karl Pearson karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Sun Sep 28 03:41:35 UTC 2008

I've installed fail2ban and it's working nicely. I lengthened out the
ban-time because I run a very busy server. As part of that, I removed root
ssh access, because it's just about time.

On a side note, before I get to my question, I wrote before because
ForwardX11 wasn't working. I solved it by removing and re-installing
openssh-server and openssh-clients. Well, it quit working again after the
next reboot, which is coming more often than I'd like because of it being
new. In any case, after disabling root login, it hasn't failed yet.

My question is: Do you know a good method of denying access to non-captcha
forms using fail2ban. If you've used it, and have it working, I'd like to
know. I've checked online and found easy ways to prevent login-enabled
form access, but these are public forms and don't require a login.

Thanks,

---
       _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
   _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
"To mess up your Linux PC, you have to really work at it;
  to mess up a microsoft PC you just have to work on it."
---