Fwd: IPtables logs, coming to *tty and in dmesg

alok pandey alok.rhct at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:45:35 UTC 2009

Hi GURUS,
I have configured iptables to log all incoming packets in a separate file at
/var/log location.
which is working fine, but the problem is :
--The logs are displayed to all terminal, dmesg along with the actual file
(i.e /var/log/firewall.log)

My syslog contains :
##DUMP FIREWALL LOG : Added by Firewall Script
kern.warn /var/log/firewall.log
kern.info /var/log/firewall.log
kern.none  /dev/console

After googling around, i tried to fix this by changing the
/proc/sys/kernel/printk value.
FYI, my system current printk value is "3 4 1 7 "
I have no idea , what these value stands for , but it's not able to save my
dmesg problem.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
--
Thanks