ext3 or ext4 ? Encrypt ?

Micros50 micros50 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 25 03:35:39 UTC 2009

When doing a fresh install and making new partitions I was greeted with
some new options that I had never seen before. namely the option to use
the newer ext4 file system and, the option to encrypt a file system.

In my case I decided to go with ext4 except for the/boot partition in
which they recommended sticking with ext3.  So far so good, no issues
with using ext4.  I also decided to encrypt two partitions. So far so
good.

Wonder if anyone else feels it's best to go with these new options or
stick with the old options ?

Whatever the choice I just want to make sure my system sticks
together... :) Hah.

Ciao

John