Help :Contents of Redhat-install-list digest..

G Thiou gthiou at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 17:24:02 UTC 2009

Hi !!!
I want to passe RHCE next year. I just bought Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Desktop, Basic subscription (w/ Web Support). I want to understand the
difference between the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.4 Server and the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5.4 Desktop. I downloaded the ISO images for Red Hat
Enterprise Linux Desktop (v. 5 for 32-bit x86). Is there a difference in
what channels and packages you can download from Red Hat Network depending
on whether you have the "Server" or the "Desktop" subscription? What other
differences are there between these two types of subscriptions compared to
the package server. if I compile the package server, would I have any
updates? what differences there are between the two iso Desktop and Server?
Thanks.