New Monitor

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Tue Feb 24 01:43:04 UTC 2009

Brenda Radford wrote:
> I think I am in trouble already because I am top posting, but blame it on
> Windows.
>
> When I turn the Red Hat box on with the new monitor hooked up, I get the
> motherboard splash screen and then the screen goes blank. I do not see any
> of the text I am supposed to see when the computer is booting up.
>
> Does that change your answer of what to try to do? I tried Ctrl-Alt-F1 with
> no results on the screen.
>
> I should have given more detail when I asked the question.

We need a bit more data:
	What version of Red Hat are you running?
	What monitor is it? (make and model)

Try booting in text only mode and see if it comes up.  If you don't know
how to do that, let us know, but also tell us the info above.
-           This message printed using recycled bandwidth            -