off topic - install of the month

Ted Potter tpotter at techmarin.com
Tue Feb 24 18:00:43 UTC 2009

Greetings,

Just wanted to share a little story from last week. A customer bought a new
dell computer for
his wife and ask me to help install it. So I show up and the guy turns on
the machine. I watch
in amazement as this bright red screen with white text comes up. Peering
closely I am watching
this machine execute the autoexec.bat file and then run other batch scripts
to attempt to log in
to a Novell network server.

Calling Dell support got me this (and I quote) "what is DOS ?"

What I want to know is where in h*ll did Dell dig up a hard drive configured
to be a Novell client ?

--
Ted Potter
tpotter at techmarin.com
Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it. - Albert
Einstein