Kernel panic installing RHEL 5.3

Brenda Radford brkittycat at verizon.net
Sun May 31 02:32:48 UTC 2009

My install of RHEL 5.3 is giving me a Kernel panic message. This is the
output on the screen.

Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0) notwithin permissible range

Red Hat nash version 5.1.19.6 starting

    Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while . . .

    Found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2

    /proc/misc: No entry for device-mapper found

    Is device-mapper driver missing from kernel?

    Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.

    0 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active

Unable to access resume device (dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)

mount: Could not find filesystem '/dev/root'

setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory

setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory

setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory

switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

What do I do?